Challenge#2 : TAKA - WIP#4

TAKA

Ok guys....here's the last wip before i post the final image.....

casawip32.jpg

This wip was purely about texturing. Didn't change any lighting conditions (yet!).

Painted all wall, floor textures in PS (Took 9 hrs).

Added cracks in tiles, grass between tiles, more dirt on walls, peeled some paint off the wall.

Lillypads in the pond.

I think the water looks better now (added a gradient map to simulate the fresnel falloff)

that's about it.

PS: can't upload to my ftp right now, so i'm using an external link - will post a direct image very very soon.

rgds

TAKA

[ September 09, 2002, 05:31 AM: Message edited by: TAKA ]

:rolleyes: :???: eek2.gif:D Looks great.

Here is a quick paintover showing some suggestions

TAKAcasawip32_AD.jpg

1. There is some repetition here, most likely from clone tool use on the texture map. If this can't be fixed easily in the texture map then just paint it over in photoshop afterwards.

2. Maybe make a few missing tiles in the floor tile texture. Also, maybe a few shattered tiles.

3. If you stretch your texture up so the dirty line from the joins in the formwork is line with the top of the wall I think it will look better. Also with the dirty stuff running allong the very edge of the wall it will look less straight edged.

4. I think it would look cool if you smashed a bit of the wall off, and maybe modelled some rubble on floor around it.

Just suggestions, feel free to ignore me ;)

great work.

[ September 09, 2002, 03:36 AM: Message edited by: kid ]

thx guys, and kid!

Kid, ur suggestions are most welcomed.

U r right. 1,2 and 3 can easily be fixed. As for 4, i don't know if we're allowed to change the geometry, ie smash the wall. I thought about it when doing the wip and discussed it with some of the guys on irc and till i get full approval, i'm hesitating to do it. It would look great though.....what do u guys think?

Also, what do u think about adding some DOF to the image?

something like this maybe?

casawip321.jpg

rgds

TAKA

[ September 09, 2002, 06:14 AM: Message edited by: TAKA ]

TAKA,

A different look, but I like the fresh approach.

The dirty line across the wall needing to be pushed up was the first thing that stood out to me.

I typically like DOF if there is a specific object that needs the viewer's eye to focus on. I don't feel it is needed here.

Nice job.