xfrog opacity maps to geometry

incal

You can just convert it to a proxy mesh, and use the opacity material with it, I've read something that recommends using the map in the refract map slot instead of the opacity map slot, but use an ior of 0, so its just transparent with no refraction...

hi!

i dont want to use opacity maps, because they take ages to render with vray.

the script i mentioned in the post before replaces opacity mapped geometry with custom instanced geometry, but why should i do that, if there is a possibility to export xfrog trees with geometry leaves.

the script i mentioned in the post before replaces opacity mapped geometry with custom instanced geometry, but why should i do that, if there is a possibility to export xfrog trees with geometry leaves.

You'd want to do that in case you don't have the xfrog program and only have the plant models.

is it possible to convert the opacity mapped leaves from xfrog plants to geometry?

is it possible IN XFROG to convert opacity mapped leaves to geometry? ;)

or is there just the possibility to replace the leaves with simple flat triangles?

if yes, i have to rethink the plan to buy onyx.

• 8 months later...

Hello.

Yep i also wanna know if its possible change the opacity mapped leaves to geometry in xfrog 3.5. If its possible i dont know how to :( And im in real need, because i have to poppulate a cene with alot of vegetation and the opacity maps are time consuming in vray.

cya