atrium scene. wip.

Guest frameload

Guest frameload

been working on this a couple of days now.... just using standard lighting, no radiosity...

i find the lighting on internal scenes always difficult, do'nt have time for radiosity :-(, any comments or suggestions on improving the lighting!

thanks

richard filepush.asp?file=view_1_final.jpg

Hi Richard,

Overall for no radiosity I feel the lighting is pretty good. The shadowed areas and the direct lit areas have enough contrast but not so little that it looks washed out to me. Just a couple of things that stood out to me to finish off the scene unrelated to lighting:

1. there appears to be a sun glare spot on the widow almost centered in the pic. Is that intended?

2. there appears to be a lens flare effect on the 2nd glass railing from the left, but maybe that was intended also?

3. your glass for the railing is refracting the objects well beyond what I’d expect for that thickness and flatness of glass.

4. pop a background image behind the glass curtain wall in the rear to finish it off.

Again you were looking for lighting crits and I have given crits beyond that. But the lighting, for a lack of radiosity, is acceptable in my eyes or for a client.

Best~