Evermotion - anybody experianced???

Sergio

Hello all,

I was planing to improve my Vray knowledge as well as quality of my content, so I planned to buy some CD's from Evermotion, such as Interior, Exterior CD's, as well as Shaders and some Models.

They are claiming that are most updated site on the internet. After downloading some models I discovered that some of them are not assained as Vray, aldough they are having Vray in their names. all of downloaded are old versions of Vray. They are also not textured and rendering for the a very long time.

Can somebody give me their comment/suggestions, in order not to make yet another costly mistake.

Regards

Srdjan

the majority of evermotions models are textured and setup for vray, and if it it's an older version of vray it's not that old, only a year or two.

Their naming conventions are horrible, the meshes normally need to be attatched, and the materials are never named appropiately and need tweeked.

They save time in not modeling from scratch, but they are far (IMO) from drop-in and render models. Some of the materials are great and some need help, that changes from model to model.

That being said, geometrically they are a nice starting point they just need a bit of tweaking, and I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong) but they really are the biggest vray library out there right now.

I purchased 10 of their Archimodels not for Vray but just general use in 3D Studio and I was very upset when I found out they had no materials or texturing. It was also somewhat confusing when I started looking at each library; the directory structure inside some of the folders was different, which makes looking for models more difficult. I think the models are of good quality but the fact that they aren't mapped with any textures and in most cases don't even come with the textures that are shown in the PDF's seem a little misleading to me.

I can understand being upset about receiving a model with no materials applied, but this is perhaps the only way to prevent problems with render engines compatability.....also a good way to make more money selling shader libraries

Hi BKittsARC,

Hi Maxer,

Hi 3D_IC,

Thank you so much for your oppinions. I can see bit more clear, still some questions. Those scenes, can one learn from them, about Vray lights, rendering settings, and looks like they need long time to render. Can someone comment on those.

Regards

Srdjan