Small waiting room space.

Tony

This was rendered in Brazil and the main focus of the render are the various tables. This is for a client that builds the tables and wanted a scene to show them in an office setting. The room is modeled from a room in their building. I also rendered seperate images of the tables for close ups (not shown).

Please give your opinions on what could be changed to improve the render quality.

http://members.brazoria.net/memweb/mjrichardson/roomtest.jpg

[ September 15, 2002, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: Tony Richardson ]

greatttt.....

I like the setting, the paintings on the wall and mostly the floor. Very good lighting.

just a thought....try desaturating the table material a tiny bit (something that matches the floor)...

What r the rendertimes btw?

rgds

TAKA

Thanks for the input Taka.

The render took 16 hours at 1024 X 768. The settings in Brazil were:

Skylight & 4 omni's

Image Sampler: Min 1

Max 3

GI Shade Rate: Min -3

Max 0

Samplier

View Rate 40

Bounces 2

Sec. Rate 20

Athlon 1800 xp

mem 512

Windows 2000 SP2

MAX 3.1

Brazil Public Test 4.53

I thought the render time was very long for these settings. There is still some blotching on the walls, but increasing the sampling rate did not help much and the render times went much higher.

I hope version 1 is a lot faster then this. I really like Brazil's quality overall but it needs to be faster.

just noticed these blotches.....

About brazil, a lot of features have been disabled in the public test version, acceleration systems, photon mapping which should improve render speed. Otherwise i don't see how ppl can spend 1,200 $ on a package this slow no matter how great the quality is!! For 16 hrs, that's pretty huge....nice work though!

cheers

vray will give similar results in a much quicker time maybe try that.

Taka is right about the over saturated colours of the wood. Also the fabric isn't overly convincing.

To be honest i haven't really looked into blurry reflections and shadows with viz 4 is this easily achievalbe as it is in vray?