Challenge#2 - Nuno Faria - Wip#1

nuno

Here is my first aproach.

I do not know exactly the time spent for the radiosity nor the render ´cause it was during the night but no more than 8 hours for each.

P3 650 processor

512Mb ram

LightScape 3.2

Comments are welcome

(sorry my english)

thank´s

Nuno

campovista01.jpg

Hi nuno,

I like your personal approach with the plants: the striking shadow of the tree/plant in the foreground is superb! Nice that some shadow is cast onto the water too.

some comments that might help you out:

- the background does not look so integrated: the clouds look a bit weird, and the color tone doesn't seem to match you lighting setup.

Maybe you can even make the plant in the background cast a little shadow on the wall: that'll add nice detail

- the floor: make it less reflective and tile correctly ;)

- water: looks tropical but fine. The dark spot looks like a hole that can be used to empty the pool: nice detail!

From your lighting setup, I'd say your pool needs some reflected light on the wall to the left (caustics). I'd do something with the shadow in the foreground too because the small streak doesn't add to the visual story: make it bigger, more present or get rid of it (I suggest you go for the first of course because this would fit very well to your personal approach)

good work!

rgds

nisus