Composing Vue's render with Max'render...HELP

Sergio_Pontes

Hi everyone!!!

I need urgent help!

How can I make to compose trees generated in the Vue 5 Infinite using EcoSystem on an architecture rendered in 3ds Max?

How to make to join the shadows of the Ecosystem with the shadows generated in the Max?

I do not have experience with composition and I thank if somebody show me the way to follow...

Thanks.

Sérgio

Hi Sergio,

Say you want to render the trees... give a shadow matte material to all the other objects in the scene (but the trees), render out and compose the shadow (start with the multiply-blending mode).

You might need one pass for the background (max), one for the shadows of the trees (max or vue) and one for the green itself (vue)... How you set up the layers can differ a lot, it depends on your personal preferences.

rgds,

nisus

Hi Ssérgio,

I'm not a VUE user (yet) so I don't know. You should check the manual and see if you find something alike.

For composition: All three applications are good, but different depending on what you want to achieve. PS is mainly for stills and can't - well, it 'can' but it is hard - be used for animation. Both AE and CMB are good for comps in animation. I have no experience with any of these, so I cannot help you with this. Digital fusion is also supposed to be (very) good.

For thechniques on masks and comps, I suggest you check out the gnomon-discs: www.gnomon3d.com

rgds,

nisus