Garden house wip

vermu

four thumbs up!!!

The mood seems that of a scene pulled out from "Shrek"

Nice rocks. Where did you get the grass and foliage, or did you model them too?

Maybe you might want to add volumetric light rays to accentuate the mood more. Thats just my opinion though.

Thx for the nice crit guys.

Chris_Mac: Scene is made with max3.1 + brazil beta. Skylight + one direct light for the sun. It's my personal project that I started when I had a little spare time at work. First I had just the gazebo and I tried many different locations/surroundings for it and then decided to go for a mediterranean feeling.

jucaro: Tree and bush meshes are made with druid which I have textured. I made a few different grass blades and then scattered them around the pond. Volume light is a good suggestion.

WK: You are not first one to say Lotr feeling :) I guess it has influenced somehow.

Very nice!

How about including all of the Garden House/Gazebo in the image, or at least try to include the top of the structure?

The image has a very realistic feeling in the modeling, until the eyes cross over the tree protruding into the scene on the top left. The branch is very segmented and has a very fake look (unconvincing look). If it were me, I might try to find a better branch to stick in its place.

Perhaps the water could be made to look a bit more realistic as well with more ripples or speckles, and more reflection.

What about maybe some bedding plants in the bed that surrounds the structure on the left side of it?

How about some chairs or a bench or two inside the structure?

For a garden, it might really need more plants/flowers, and even some potted plants. Maybe clusters of pots in a corner somewhere.

Just my thoughts.