Maxscript Tutorial

nisus

I've seen it yes.. Maybe a year ago I came up with allmost the same inhouse script, which converted text files into material libraries. I converted the RAL classic, Ral design, Pantone, and sikkens. I've cross checked the RGB values from the evermotion site with my own RAL-RGB values and they dont match...

My values are the same as the sRGB values from the RAL application..

I was thinking about modifing this script to suite the needs at our office.

We use Sherwin Williams Paint colors, that coincide to EIFS, Splitface CMU, Smoothface CMU painted, Intergrally Colored CMU, etc.

Instead of changing the RGB of the Diffuse & Source Colors every time, I was wanting to create a database of some type, that allows us to pick on a paint color & have it look up the RGB & create the material. The problems is though some of our materials are more complex & require more than 2 color changes such as our brick material. Im not sure how easy that would be to modify.

Does anyone know how to load a text file like in the tutorial, but load it as a scrollable list, & be able to click on one of the entries which would be a RGB value, then click on a type of material like brick, cmu, (which I have already created) & it will output that material to be saved as a .mat?