FR and MAX5 rad

jucaro

Done in FR using max5 skylight. personally I find the max5 light tracer really slow and it recomputes the solution in every render.

filepush.asp?file=House4_1.jpg

2nd and third: Used Daylight system and Radiosity

filepush.asp?file=House5.jpg

filepush.asp?file=House6.jpg

image 1 was done in FR and it looks like a toy. How can I avoid or improve this?

Or should I go with 2nd and 3rd which was done in Max5?

Don't mind the texturing, yet until the next post

Well, I personally think the model looks like a toy in all of them, but that's mainly because there are no materials and the colors you've chosen would not be used in reality.

The fR image looks like there are no shadows. Try adding a directional light with fR SoftShadows or raytrace it. That should make pop more.

Change the colors, materials, and especially the glass, and then compare. It's hard to tell when the fR is a different color than the Max ones, but they all look like there is potential.

I sometimes think we spend too much time with complicated materials and lighting to get across an effective image.

http://www.cgarchitect.com/forum/filepush.asp?file=tv_030113_1.jpg

This image was created with VIZ/BRAZIL.

The model,while crude and unfinished, has only two simple materials with one colour for the ground and one colour for everything else. The sky is an environment background. No maps or complicated settings. Only one light.

Brazil settings includes a very simple setup with a single directional brazil light (with skylight and direct and indirect lighting settings), shadows, global illumination, 2 bounces of light and a couple of minor tweaks. Basically this rendering involved a few setting changes to the default settings for Brazil ‘out of the box’. 40 minutes to render on a P4 dual 2 ghz 1 gig ram. I was really happy with the ‘quality of light’ in the rendering without having to fiddle with settings or fudge stuff.

I was quickly ably to model a 'point of view' for the client

Hi Jucaro

Let me tell you something - I really like the light of your first image. It's very soft, like the one you have in a cloudy day with a grey sky. For me it has a very nice light temperature that reminds me HDRi map use...

However, if your goal is photorealism, I think that you should concentrate on texturing - or simple changing the glass and the base plane color.

I will wait for your next renderings to check how you will do it.