food park

PI

hi guys, need some crits on this one.

shell_1.jpg

problems:

1. are the windows correct..im thinking it should reflect the environment

2.im trying to simulate grass using lots of clipmaps on the ground but the colors don't match..is there a technique

3.should i try putting lights inside..would it help

4.how could i soften the part where the curb meets the road

notes:

1.i know the bridge looks bad but i plan to hide some parts of it so i didn't bother to model it well

2.notice i tried some grass clipmaps near bridge

3.this image was rendered in lightscape

[ July 13, 2002, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: PI ]

shell_2.jpg

image update:

1. still having problems with windows

2. where can i get clipmaps of good looking tropical trees

[ July 13, 2002, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: PI ]

1.-the first thing u need fix r the shadows, r too darkness .

2.-the grass look good, but if u need more Techniques look HERE

3.- if u only have that palm, try to change the size of all ( not all the palms grown equal , put all not in same position .

Change the shadows and post a update :) maybe look better !

PI, great image, I downloaded and fixed the sat in PS I couln't wait for the finish product, hehe, I looks realistic 100% Try this, sat -29 and the color balance toward yellow just a tad and your done. I didn't save the image so don't get mad ok ? however can you tell me how you did you make the palms and specially the shadows in the road ? great work, oh btw also brighten up the image (specially the building a bit) I overlayed a gradient at 40%. shell_2%20copy.jpg anyway something like that, if you like it just crop you name out

hey great job on the retoching :) ill try that...the palm trees are just clip-maps from the lightscape library and the shadow on the foreground is cast by teh same clip-map.

is there another way of lightening up the interior beside ps

shell_3.jpg

changes:

1.finally got the windows reflecting the environment

2.added some people and trees...although the people still need some adjusting

3.added some foreground objects

[ July 13, 2002, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: PI ]

Like you said- people need adjusting.

Also, the park bench really does not belong there. How would you like a car pulling up inches from where you were sitting?

Try replacing the palms in the center and right side of the foreground with lower vegetation. The palms obscure the focal point and distance the viewer from the building.

Something about the car looks odd. Perhaps the model resolution is too low to be in the foreground.

John D

tnx for the comments jonhn :)

about the park bech..i couldn't do anything about the placement of the benches cuz that was what the owners wanted..may be putting parking blocks so that the tip of the car would not reach the bench would do the trick..ill try to integrate that on the final render tnx for advice

about the palm trees..i thought about that but my boss wanted to visualize wat it would actually look like in reality with the palm trees in front..but im totally with you on that one ;)

about the car..i could have put a better detailed car but since it would distract the viewer from the structure , i opted for a lower detailed car..plus i was also trying to keep the LOD down to save rendering time...this is afterall done in lightscape

btw..does anyone think the grass looks bad..does rass on the first pic look better..my brother told me it looks like an unattended lawn..wat do you guys think!!

looking very nice.

one of these images where the lighting lookd terrific, but the materials need work. (it's usually the other way around)

on the last image you posted i'd now be carefull not to over do the clutter. it's beginning to look loike you're pasting on clipmaps for the sake of it. no need. they look extreamly fake too, especially the ppl.

palm trees look fine, just vary the heights and horizonatlly flip a few of them as to not repeat yourself too much.

the grass looks nice, but i'd lighten the sky somewat.

my only other crit is the glass - it still looks completely out of place and wrong. it looks too blue and almost self illumed. where as it should be almost black. what are it's material specs?

tnx for the comments strat,

i totally agree with you with the foreground objects and people cluttering up the scene but they (boss and client) wanted to visualize the actual scene as what it would probably look like.

about the glass, im gonna work on that...i think i should place some at the back cuz the blue you see is the sky at the back...i haven't placed background objects yet..

the seetings for glass is a default glass setting for lightscape except for the 2.0 refractive index..i set this because i thought the glass should be reflecting some of the sky and since the default setting didn't do this (see first 2 pics) i set it to a higher refractive index (see last pic)..the seeming glow of the glass may be contributed to the glass reflecting the sky.

please correct me if i am wrong about the glass..tnx