Challenge#2 : STRAT - WIP#2

STRAT

Challenge%232-STRAT-WIP%232.jpg

hi guys

wip no. 2. havent decided fully on the time of day as yet, but this is going to be my second composition (or sommit very close to it).

Same as last image, early wip. i'm finding it difficult finding any real exciting camera angles - one you seen 1 you've seen them all.

all thr stats are in the image.

[ August 19, 2002, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: STRAT ]

looks really good strat. Only slightly strange thing, although, its probably normal, is the inside and outside tiles, you would have thought they would flow in colour a bit ore. At present it looks like a sort or a one way reflective glass of something not letting the light in. do you know what imean?

Strat,

I think it looks very realistic. I like the work you have done with the glass, it caught my attention. Very impressive. Real nice mapping. Could you post a bigger image? It would be nice if you could explain a little bit more the process of your WIP (lighting, mapping, etc.).

[ August 19, 2002, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: CHE ]

i guess what i mean is thwe colour of the tint could wash onto the floor a bit more. There isn't any greenish aqua colour inside from the glass clour. but then maybe that is correct as you see a marked differents through the glass tint to the outside. it just stood out thats all! dON'T WANT TO DETRACT FROM A LOVELY IMAGE!

Cinema 4d gives a nice feel doesn't it.

matt - no probs, i'm glad for all your input, keep it comming. also, that middle section, i've glassed it out again with a deep smoked glass :)

nenadk - yup, i've added another ghost GI source in the room to lighten it a tad. i dont up the bounce level to higher than 1 in C4D, because 1 is the life like standard.

stay tuned for small update in couple of hours.

thnx rick - you may be right. i tryed loads of radiosity intensities and got it even lighter inside but it didn't look right.

i think i may try something with an actual internal omni tomorrow. i dont want to show any internal furnature in this shot (other than some reflections you'll see soon) but if i do put an omni inside it needs some sort of subtle shadow work to it, not just a light. i dunno, i'll test tomorrow.

Real nice setup Strat. I think that there is no need for extra lights nor furniture. I would like to see some life, a tree would be nice. Maybe you should play a little bit more with the environment to make the feeling of deepness more dramatic. :D

hey strat - this is getting better.

i wouldn't advise to add any more additional lights, as it would look un-natural. this lighting situation is pretty realistic at the moment, given the sun is very low and looks like an early morning to me - so you can't really expect the interior to be brightly lit up.

maybe instead of new omnis i would try to brighten up the sun a little bit and increase the reflectance value of the floor - but this is pretty cool already ;)

This looks great.

Your floor tiles done align well with the tree hole. (I hope anything planted there likes floor cleaner, 'cuz it's gonna wash in).

About lights: is anyone going to put in the lights visible in the photos near the top of some of the court walls? I have not seen all the WIPs so maybe it's already been done.

I am wishing I can find the time to do this project myself, though at the moment I can't. But everybody is doing really fine work.

Ernest Burden III