VIZ 4 or MAX 5?..

Guest coupe333

Guest coupe333

Hi, i was wondering which to choose, i mostly do Architectural visualizations, but i dont know if ,appart the animation, max 5 has something really good to justify the price difference?

Thanks in Advance!

Well... I currently use both. VIZ for the architectural stuff, and MAX for the animation and non-arch modelling. It would be great to see only one app. but I've heard that MAX's structure can't handle architectural objects (i.e. walls) very well; but I think that if layers where possible in the last release, then the rest can fit in there as well.

By the way... does anyone know a simpler way to make walls in MAX (script-plugin) so we don't use booleans to make window holes? (out of topic? eek2.gif )

[ January 20, 2003, 11:31 PM: Message edited by: arkitect ]

Viz will not go away anytime soon. The two products will come closer together and their development cycles will start to come inline to avoid the leapfrog situation they have now.

The design extension is nothing new and it is only free if you pay maintenance (oops, I mean subscription). They provided the Designer's Pack for Max 3.1 years ago when Viz first developed it's own set of tools and Max users complained.

I suggest you strat with Viz. Like you said, you can always upgrade to Max. If you time it right, you may actually end up paying less for Max than those you buy it outright. Discreet seems to be testing the waters lately with 'special' discount upgrade promotions.

Take the money that would have gone towards Max and buy Combustion instead.

John D

viz will never die.....

from what I heard from some members of the viz

development team, it seems as though it will become more of an 'accurender-esque' type program (no disrespect to accurender, it's an excellent program, and hopefully viz can shoot that way) emphasis on ease and quality of linking from cad programs (autocad specifically, and adt, and now revit), aec improvements, materials, photorealism etc. but keeping costs and functionality down to respectable numbers, and focusing on getting architects to implement viz into the workflow.

It could be a great program with just a few (dozen) tweaks here and there...

my two bits,

ed