nightscene

flooatz

hello guyz pls help me in my scene, the glass seems so more transparecy that almost all my interior can be seen outside. what is the best setting in material for glass? another is my plane i aplly vrayfur for the grass, do i have to add displacement mod? and my evironment seems too dark..

webpostnight.jpg

need ur comments guyz..:)

For yourglass do the following, at the moment it looks very milky.

Diffuse - 100% black

Reflection - 100% white, check fresnel reflections on.

Refraction - 100% white

IOR - 1.6

As for your overall lighting, you will need a bit of GI to illuminate the entire building, not too much though because its a nightshot. Maybe add one or two outside lights to your building, like all buildings have.

Your environment? Is it mapped in the environment slot, or is it a plane with your background mapped onto it. Depending which method you used, there are different ways to fix it. If it comes out dark as it does, then I asume that you used a plane:confused: The GI should fix this aswell.

As for grass, definately rather use displacement, dont use fur.

To be 100% honest, I have never done a night scene, I'm an interior designer and have never done exterior nightime shots. But what I mentioned above is my basic understanding of how I would approach it. It might not be perfect, but I think its a step in the right direction :D

Diffuse - 100% black

Refraction - 100% white

IOR - 1.6

As for your overall lighting, you will need a bit of GI to illuminate the entire building, not too much though because its a nightshot. Maybe add one or two outside lights to your building, like all buildings have.

Your environment? Is it mapped in the environment slot, or is it a plane with your background mapped onto it. Depending which method you used, there are different ways to fix it. If it comes out dark as it does, then I asume that you used a plane:confused: The GI should fix this aswell.

To be 100% honest, I have never done a night scene, I'm an interior designer and have never done exterior nightime shots. But what I mentioned above is my basic understanding of how I would approach it. It might not be perfect, but I think its a step in the right direction :D

Diffuse - 100% black

Refraction - 100% white

IOR - 1.6