Brazil Test Interior

Gerri4D

Have you tried using the brazil glass material for the glass blocks?

Two GI bounces is not enough for this type of scene, try 5 or 6 instead and maybe reduce the intensity of your sunlight because it is washing out detail.

[ December 04, 2002, 06:22 AM: Message edited by: Craig Ramsay ]

saying dark, i didnt mean that i can see nothing, i mean that there is a little bit too dark there if the sun/sky is so bright interior space should be much more brighter

if u dont use brazil material, correct this, all materials in scene should be brazil mat., they bounce GI much better then normal materials, if you've got powerful machine you can try increase bounses to 4-5, but if your render time was 3h with b=2, with b=5 it can be even 12h

[ December 13, 2002, 02:57 AM: Message edited by: ::mrcs:: ]

Gerri, when using photon mapping, the search radius is similar to the filtering value from viz, if the search radius is too big, and encircles an object, then it wont cast shadows via the photons.. the solution being i believe to lower the radius, and up the amount of photons coming from the light.

Should be some slowdown, but not nearly as much as if you just used QMC.

(Certainly not an expert, but i've had a little time to experiment.)

hi Dave,

that's what i've said to Gerri :)

mayby this discussion should move to "third party renders" section ? it is really interesting problem how to get nice looking interior renders without waitng 10 hours or more.

see, ya there (?)

[ December 12, 2002, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: ::mrcs:: ]

..take a look on fig 3.2 and fig 3.3 in that tutorial we are using here..

..have you played with that tutorial with stairwell..

I'm sorry...but what tutorial are u guys talking about? I've tried looking for good tutorials on Brazil 1 but find junk. Please post the links to the tuts. Thanks!