Commercial Building

Buffalo Bills

Thanks, I've been striving to produce realistic glass. It has been a struggle because there so many ways to try to achieve this look, but I've been looking for the one way that all you need to do is apply the material and it does the rest for you. Especially with Viz, I had to create a skydome in order for the reflections to work because I use the raytrace map to achieve my reflections. Give me a day to come up with the parameters and I'll be glad to share them with you and anyone else who is trying to achieve the same effect. :D

Hi Buffalo Bills

I like your glass too. And I like your image, also. I only think the cars are too shiny. The sky color has a soft color that contrast a lot with the grass and brick vivid colors. Shouldn't they be more desaturated? There's another thing I noticed in your rendering: the tree behind the building looks like the same reflected on the glass. For me this is confuse because it looks like the building is transparent. This happens because you tiled your background image and what you see in front its the same that's happening behind you? My english is small, I really hoppe that you understand what I mean.

Hey Jcs,

Thanks for comments on glass. I do see what you're saying about the tree reflection in the front, where it looks like part of the same tree in the back. I have to fix the map by rotating it in the sky dome so the tree doesn't appear to run through the building as you were saying. They are actually two different trees, I just have two big ones in the map I created. Also I believe my cars are to shiny as well. I have to change the parameters in my metal material. But I'm glad someone else has caught that. Thanks ;) As soon as I get my parameters for the glass I will be posting them. Kind of busy at work so hopefully in a day or two.

Josh, Thanks. I had my brother look at the image and he noticed that the parking lines casted shadows too. I will try the shape merged idea. I never tried the tool before. Still learning the program. It is quite amazing how much is still left to learn on Viz. I feel I have come along way, but someone (like you) has come in with suggestion and I would have never thought of it. I like these forums, because you can learn alot from all the people that use the same program or similar ones for that matter.