Xfrog Plugin Max 9

antonio_frias

try the greenworks website

We've just purchased the stand alone version. Xfrog is the absolute boss. I've eaten the manual in one go and after one simple tutorial I can pretty much bang out a fairly good version of any bit of vegetation I have a photo of. The learning curve is fast - a few days of fiddling around during your coffee break and you should be pretty comfortable with it.

I haven't tried the max plugin yet, but I'm willing to bet it's cool.

I might just pack in my current job and go and apply there.

Thx Kev,

I had already checked out the greenworks website but I didn't find anything related to 3ds Max 9. I was hoping that maybe someone using the max 9 plugin could help me out.

try the greenworks website

We've just purchased the stand alone version. Xfrog is the absolute boss. I've eaten the manual in one go and after one simple tutorial I can pretty much bang out a fairly good version of any bit of vegetation I have a photo of. The learning curve is fast - a few days of fiddling around during your coffee break and you should be pretty comfortable with it.

I haven't tried the max plugin yet, but I'm willing to bet it's cool.

I might just pack in my current job and go and apply there.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

check out a few posts above, if you go to where the link is to get the max 9 plugin, you will see we are still alive and kickin

Is there an Xfrog to Max plugin for max 2010? Can't find one anywhere. Are they still in business??? The last plugin I can find is for Max 6!

Stewart could you clarify? The page that seems like it would be the logical place to put it only has download links for 3dsmax 5 and 6 versions. also there are other pages on the site that show information about max 4*.

I personally went and converted all of my xfr's to .max long ago, but it would be nice if your various options played together at least vaguely.

Xfrog tune xfr's vs xfrog.exe xfr's vs 3dsmax import plugin being dead in the water does not make us feel very safe about further investing in your product.

I hope you take this as the constructive crit it is meant to be.

• 1 month later...

From what I gathered at the forum where the link in the xfrog newsfeed directed me greenworks has discontinued its efforts towards an updated plugin for 3dsmax. :(

It is still a great solution for plant modelling and well worth the money for stills, however, if your looking for animation capabilities and you use max your out of luck.

• 10 months later...
Daniel,

I contacted the folks at Xfrog and asked the same question last month. Their reply was: no plugin is needed, they are all in .max format (plus many other formats on the same DVD, so you can use with multiple applications).

that's pretty lame. We have several hundred dollars worth of content from a few years back (around the time of max 6) that I just found buried in our IT office. All the content is in .xfr format. So I guess we can't use it then? Certainly won't be purchasing anything new from this company.

You can upgrade them for $25 per library, the libraries are entirely rebuilt and retextured since the ".xfr only" days. pls contact: sales1@xfrog.com

Alternatively, you probably own Xfrog 3.5 if you bought .xfr content. You can export any of your .xfr models as OBJ from Xfrog 3.5.

that's pretty lame. We have several hundred dollars worth of content from a few years back (around the time of max 6) that I just found buried in our IT office. All the content is in .xfr format. So I guess we can't use it then? Certainly won't be purchasing anything new from this company.