old wip that i want to finish!

matt_vinoir

Originally posted by matt_vinoir:

"Hopefully it will be finished this week for press release or i'll chuck myself out of the window!

Lots of tips/comments please as usual. Thanks!"

ok.

1) pick a ground floor window, less painfull

2) open it first, saves bloodying the room on your way out.

3) possibly use a mattress to take the impact off your landing, if not available look for a fat bloke walking past at the time and aim at him.

4) watch out for high winds when jumping from upper floors, these can be tricky.

5) e-mail me your bank account details first

hope this helps.

(nice piccy btw :) )

[ October 28, 2002, 04:30 AM: Message edited by: STRAT ]

Hi Matt,

>>Lots of tips/comments please as usual.

No problem :

1. Modell the surrounding city

2. Modell the interior (furniture..) of your building

3. add a street-texture

4. add street furniture

5. add a nice sky

I think thats all for now. If you follow my suggestions you will get a nice picture and your client will be very satisfied, but i think you get a problem finishing it in time for the press release (at least if you have no time-machine).

Happy modelling

ingo

Hey Strat, high winds at the ground floor, come on, where do you live ?

ah strat you seem to be an expert on the suicide thing!! Have you done it before? Any good at it?

Nisus, don'y remind me of baywatch!! Too many painful memories!! ( Yes my mum caught me at it infront of baywatch when i was 13)

Reason i didn't put furniture sky people etc is cause the architect hates that sort of thing.

What he does want i can't seem to do because of lack of things to reflect. The penthouse walls he wants in a white glass with more reflection but it is really hard to do without things to reflect. Any ideaa? P.s. I find vray doesn't like to reflect the sky backgroud as much as viz and clues?

The penthouse walls he wants in a white glass with more reflection but it is really hard to do without things to reflect. Any ideaa? P.s. I find vray doesn't like to reflect the sky backgroud as much as viz and clues?

Is that a trick-question ? Use a reflection map of course.

ingo

Read it again please!! Reflection relies on the fact that it needs something to "reflect"

OK, english is not my main language, but... if i need something to reflect in my glass and the scene is empty because i was to lazy to modell anything i normally use a reflection map. That is useful even for interior if you have chrome for example, i use the raytrayce reflection and a reflection map.

Or what ? :)

ingo

self reflecting now

Hi Matt,

1) I've never seen ONE baywatch episode in my life, so I don't know what you're talking about... (but I can guess... people told me what it's about... (i.e. boobs) lol!)

2) If you don't have something to reflect, add something to reflect (pretty simple and straightforward imnsho) This can be anything... recycle old models you once made, or just use the same building you modeled, add a few modifiers to it (FFD or so),... play and toy around...

rgds

nisus