school in progress....view 1

TAKA

hey guys.....i'm not back yet...just coming and going till i resolve this connection problem

in the meantime, i've been doing some work on this school rendering for a client.

Camera setup, foliage and people placement was decided by the client. This is not a final image yet. Lots of little tweaking, perspective alignement of foliage and people still needs to be done. Also level matching of these need to be done (brightness/contrast/tone).

any comments are welcome of course

modelled in ACAD

rendered in LS

materials created from scratch in PS

Radiosity took about 16 hrs on a P4 1.5 with 512 Megs of RAM

rendering about 35 mins

post processing in PS for like an hour or so

Foliage are all RPC (hate it)

people are RPC or photo objects from the Hemera library

regards.

playground.jpg

Originally posted by STRAT:

looks very nice, but you taken no effort in equalising the contrasts of the children to the scene - they look so illuminated and stand out a mile.

hey Strat..u're right, but as i said "Also level matching of these need to be done (brightness/contrast/tone)." so i didn't put much effort yet until the client requests a final image.

Bigcahuna: I either use the RPC plugin for photoshop, or in this case i exported the LS scene to MAX and assigned it a matte/shadow material, then inserted the different RPCs (and of course use the LS rendering as a background)

.Seems a bit long, but it isn't actually.

thx.

regards

Oh i also forgot: the 16 hrs of rad processing, although long is nothing when u consider how big this project is.

The site is like 40,000 square meters on a slopy terrain. 3 views were decided for rendering.

At first i tried seperating the 3 views into 3 models and deteled all invisible faces to the camera to speed processing. Didn't like the results much. And to say, it took quite a while to decide what to delete, and what contributes to the lighting (i'd like to discuss that on separate topic).

since i got a lot of PCs i allowed myself to do that, and also because i wasn't on such a tight schedule. So basically, i broke up the entire model into 3 views then processed each one on a PC and on the fourth i processed the entire view.

Entire processing of the view gave better results (16 hrs). then at this point i fragmented the processed model into 3 views for final rendering.

hehe, yes Delfoz, 4 trees over the concrete, but these and all other trees were added very quickly. the concrete tile it stands in should be removed and replaced by sand and grass.....to be added in the final image.

I haven't rendered an aerial view for this project, but the client asked for a wide view starting at the bottom of the hill/school. I'll post it soon.

thx.

rgds