GI Rendering

Dreamer

Hi all over there,

first i wanna admit that i'm totally impressed of such a portal for 3D Architecture Illustrators,and i couldn't wonder that 3D illustrators all over the globe share such problems like that mentioned in the general discussion forum.

well as it's my first attempt to show some WIP of my work...i wanna show this 2 images were it was my first usage for a GI renderer (Vray Beta)...and i've got to admit that it gives great resualts,but also gotta admit that it needs more time from me to learn,understand such kind of renderers,

so plz guide with ur comments in such shots,

i know it's a huge build and as obvious it's for a mosque which i can't tell where for the mean while,the task was so hard for me but i took the decision to go for GI...and that what i came up with till now.

i used autocad for modeling and max4.2 on a Dual P4 2GHZ and 2GB ram

plz find the 2 images in this urls

http://hp.arabia.com/picture/arabic/1,13381,QrGiGipqBt5l9FoSsMzwM-bE1Kx,00.html

http://hp.arabia.com/picture/arabic/1,13381,QrGiGipqBt5l9FoSsMzwM-Qr1l9,00.html

plz advice with another way or other site that i can upload my images,coz that uplaod utility of Jeff i couldn't find my way to it

• Administrators

To access the upload utility, just go the the main thread page of any forum and you will find the link at the top under "UPLOAD TO OUR SERVER"

plz advice with another way or other site that i can upload my images,coz that uplaod utility of Jeff i couldn't find my way to it

Hey, Dreamer!

Nice modeling you got there! Huge, huh?

About the render, why don't you post some of the settings you used? GI here is not really showing, the images look flat, no shadows appearing anywhere. Are you using only the Environment light? I think it looks a little odd for GI, you know? Post your settings of VRay and we can help you with more accuracy, ok?

[]

Rick

Hey Dreamer

The modelling is great - i think everybody agrees on that -. I must also say like all the others that the images look flat, no shadows / too much light and very basic materials. Try adding some GI or faking it. Try fakeosity first coz i think it would take ages to render such a thing with GI (ok maybe a little less than ages).

Try changing the camera setup too IMHO.It looks weird. too much parallax and distorsion.

Cheers.