3D Trees for AutoCAD - Plugin or Standalone

Jim Grady

I am faced with the task of acquiring "free" tree generating software for implementation into our .dwg plans. They need to be 3D, and fairly realistic as we intend to use them for marketing, and video purposes. I used to have a freeware program (I think it was called Bpro, or something) that enabled me to create all sorts of trees, and shrubs, but I lost it when my old computer died.

Does anyone know of a reliable, tree generator that gives the user decent control over type and size (ie: conif or decid, height and spread)? Advice of any kind is welcome. Thank you, in advance, for your time.

Jim

I would agree that a rendering app is the way to go. However, our company is quite small, and we try to get as much use out of what we have as possible. This whole 3D thing is essentially a pilot project to see how flashy marketing can help us in sales, etc. My thinking is that once we get a positive response to our intial efforts, putting out some money for the right technology would be an option. Until then... I have to find a way to make it happen in AutoCAD, with no additional expenses.

• 2 years later...

Dear Friends

I am facing similar problems with trees, specially to see the 3D house or villa with trees before rendering, and looked hard to find realistic cad trees that I could apply material or render in accurender,, Accurender has trees which will show nice after render what about if I want to see black and white normal line print all trees disappear.

Any help suggestion especially exotic trees palm, banana, papaya etc, will appreciate if you could help.

Regards Libaax

• 2 weeks later...

If you consider employees time as an expense and the fact that the results will not be nearly as good as a company that uses better tools. It would be best to use a better program like max.

The time spent having someone do a poor job in autocad could be much more that buying max and having some one do a much better job in less time.

Heck if you can pull it of in 30 days you can do the project in the trial version of max.

Arbaro is the tree program you are looking for.

• 3 months later...