Challenge#2: Wolf - WIP#1

Wolf

heres my first wip

had a few probs with the model, as some verts were not welded, and some faces were in the same place (vray renders black when 2 objects occupy the same place)

but fixed it ok in the end

couldnt get that nice washout effect happening down the left rear, will have another go tomorrow.

glass probably needs some work too :/

rendertime in VRay = 20 mins

wolfcga.jpg

ohh...and the tree has grown :p

[ August 13, 2002, 07:36 AM: Message edited by: Jeff Mottle ]

Hi wolf,

Nice and quick.

A few minor issues to make a greater image:

- background trees: these look a bit flat and unnatural because it looks like they caught another color cast. Add an *UM and a small defringe in ps.

- yard tree: looooool... but is the placement correct? It seems to me it walked a bit up to the front and took that whole with it too... It's position is a bit to central, which is not the best balance for the image imho.

- reflections: very good

- the glass: you know ;)

- the water is fine, maybe a bit darker to fit the sky

- ground plane: avoid the texture to continue from tile to tile. reflections are nice 'n soft ;)

I hope this may help you out ;)

rgds

nisus

*UM: unsharp mask filter (ps)

Guest bigfatclown

looks good....

i think the value of the water is fine....maybe it should have a different color to match the sky and that's why it looks odd..?

Originally posted by bigfatclown:

>i think the value of the water is fine....maybe it should have a different color to match the sky and that's why it looks odd..?[/QB]

In that view the water isn't really reflecting the sky, it's reflecting the wall beyond, which is white. This leaves the water to show it's own color, or that of the volume that contains it. But if it is fairly bumpy (disturbed water) then part of each wave-ette would show some sky.

How much color does a small amount of water really have? Not much, but in the house photos the water appears a more saturated blue than the sky, suggesting that the mini pool is painted.

Ernest Burden III

Guest Temulet

wouldnt the water be coloured by the green algae that formed

because he was too lazy to clean out the pool?? :p

[ August 13, 2002, 08:00 AM: Message edited by: Temulet ]

damn portugese eh! never cleaning up. Nah i think that the pool would have a white/blueish coatingender underneath. It loks different in the actual photos too.

I think the limestone floor here is starting too look damn gorgeous. It feels like you could slight a hand right over it. Lovely soft reflections.

Tree in the picture looka bit weird. Look for orange tree that aren't soo bushy, unless that was a test tree. Again. The quality of light is lovely. I wonder if anyone is going to go for sunlight coming over the other side aswell?