Ok lets try again LOL - exterior render setup

Cesar R

Ok guys, there are test setups of my lightin in VIZ4, do the shadows seem to be a little bit dark for the scene? specially the short front wall, its not getting any bounce

I have sky dome excluded form radiosity that is being lit by a reg. omni I was adviced to do this by a friend, however in order to have light bounce towards the model, is it advisable to place light panels around ? or should I include the done in the soluion. (I kinda developed this setup after a ready day in barnes and nobles and the help file, :)

WIP_screen.jpg

On this bottom image I tried regathering, but I am not sure what the setting mean not see any differnce in the render . Will someone help understand?

WIP_screen_2.jpg

Overall, after putting my skills to work today I came up with this. plz comment :)... nicely lol J/K Delfoz :)

Hi Cesar.. I think:

1. Whay are you using a IES sky and an OMNI as I can see for the sun...?? :rolleyes: Try using the Daylight found in Create Panel/Systems/Daylight It has skylight and Sun together... it gets better results for me... just adjust the time and sun position and let the settings defaults... maybe shadow bias if you need it (that's all)

2. I can't see your material editor.. but let me tell you, materials are VERY important for radiosity... You should have Radiosity Overide Material for nearly all your materials controling the amount of color reflection and bleed, just like Lightscape..

3. For the regather look the help... type regather in search (help file) there is an explanation and renders with differents setting for the regather explanation... If you don't have the help file, just let me know...

-=sanzpont=-

I am actually using the IES SKy and IES Sun placed on the scene by separate, as far as my materials, when using the overide material, -is it true that all my values (reflectance, bleed and transmittance) should not be more than 1 in order to get a realistic solution?

while readyin the help files, I learned the the transmittance scale affects how light passes through a semi transparent object such as glass. Therefore should this number be higher on a glass material to get that "caustic" like effect?

• 2 weeks later...

hi cesar. to get better results you should increase your filter raius to 20 or 30px .use about 40 rays ..it may be enough.one very important thing in viz 4 is the logarithm control.turn on "exterior" and play with brigh and contrast till you get wanted results.Enable "mesh control" on your radiosity settings(when you decrease these values the quality gets better). ;)

but..with so few polys..with dont you play around with settings to get well with it?