Challenge#2 : Palmiro - WIP#1

Palmiro

My first try: I've had to make some changes in the model in order to match the photograph. The render with Max's Light Tracer took about 1h. 45'

The background vegetation don't belong to the scene, it was taken from the reference images and added in Photoshop with alpha channel.

casagaspar.jpg

Greetings, ...looking for your critiques...

Palmiro

Hi palmiro,

I haven't even read jeffs post on the new contest yet, and you already posted a wip! Damn fast!

A few tips:

- water: set the specular color to a lower value, to get a darker reflection

- sky: add some drama by painting some clouds

- trees: the two green tints look very different, maybe adjust the trees in the background, because these carry a slightly blue cast. In real world the cast would be more yellow - if any at all.

Changing this into a warmer color will result in a study of unusual depth, because normally warmer colors tend to come closer and colder colors further.

- floor: the color looks ok, but I see the texture continuing from tile to tile, whereas every tile should have it's own pattern.

anyway, these are but small remarks that will (hopefully) help you journey to it's end ;)

good and quick work!

rgds

nisus

seems like we're setting a nice mark for the contest here.

Could try a tighter mesh to get sme of the soft shadows working on the left wall. small amount of texture on the wall and floor may help lift it. Nice atmosphere.

BTW I think the high of the block is spot on here. Sorry i messed up the height of it!!

Don't hit me i've got glasses on!!