Commercial Hotel Meeting Room

Eric

Hello all! This is my first time to post a WIP image. Please, feel free to provide any input, other than comments about the design of the space. I work as a draftsman for an architect, and am not responsible for the design, only the renderings.

The space is a meeting area for conference stuff, so generally speaking the space will be free of "clutter".

The model is all solid objects in AutoCAD, with very little refinement for Radiosity processing. So, some edges do not join correctly. To bypass this, I did a Subdivide modifier on the entire model with a setting of 35 (the whole model was done to scale with "Architectural" units in AutoCAD. It seems to have worked fine.

Trees added with PShop.

3DGardenCourt_web.jpg

Rendered in VIZ 4

Pentium III 1GHz, 512mb Ram

1 Daylight, no other lights

Radiosity 85%, refined 15 steps

Modeled in AutoCAD 2000, linked into VIZ

Yeah, I agree about the green chairs. But, like I said, the design isn't up to me, neither are the colors of the fabrics. They're reusing existing chairs, and they're green. Yuck, I know. They used Burgandy in another room, but green in this one.

The noise on the ceiling is supposed to be accoustical spray.

Hi Eric,

I won't crit the design, but I don't like the composition of the image because of the use of your camera lens.

I'd recommend you to follow my tips in this section: http://www.cgarchitect.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=23;t=000003

Another slight tip - but this can be a design-issue: a lighting fixture to the ceiling in the front of the image would give a sense of even more detail ;)

rgds

nisus

nice WIP indeed. personally i like the composition.

the glazing looks amazing, well done :)

my crits? - i agree with marc l about the noise, tone it down some.

i think the whole lighting is a tad over-exposed and 'flat' too, needs more contrast.

I'd also put some fall off on those chair reflections on the floor.

and lastly, the trees - they look too green and super-imposed. maybe darken them and very slightly blur them a bit. i usually put some slight transparancy on things like this to anchor them better.

Very nice, keep us up-dated :)