Challenge#2 : TAKA - WIP#2

TAKA

Here it is.....master of all renderers....LIGHTSCAPE...fionnnnnnnnnnn

Hardware: HP :P4 1.5GHZ w/ 512 MB RAM

Radiosity took 4 hrs (99%) with about 2100 something iterations

Rendering took 10 mins (500 x 620)

Changed Color Balance (Yellow & Magenta added)

casawip02.jpg

Changed Saturation (after color balance)

casawip12.jpg

Sky was created with KPT6's Sky effects

Foliage is from Lightscape Library

Tiles were created in Viz4 with the brick material (Stack bond 12 x 12 bricks), rendered on a plane, then added some scratches and dust in PS (they don't show much though - need to work on it), and irregularities to each tile (moved some tiles a few mm up, down ,right or left.

No reflection was used on the floor becoz i needed to finish it quickly and had other important things to do (ie use the PC instead of rendering).

Working on early morning version, and planing to add some furniture.

I also had problems with the water...the specular reflections werent showing at all, so what i did (after rendering) is reset the radiosity solution, change the background color to white and render the scene. U get all black walls and floors (disable floor reflections if there r any, or u can leave it to control these reflections better later on). Ur Sky is white and u can see some sort of reflection on the water, showing dim specularity. I take this image in Photoshop, mess with curves (basically i increase the contrast of this image) and overlay it with multiply blending over the original render. In short it's like using render elements in MAX/Viz.

One more problem....the far glass isn't convincing, don't know what to do about it.....

On with ur crits

[ September 04, 2002, 08:02 AM: Message edited by: TAKA ]

well, all i can say is that this is a perfect example of LS lighting. dont take this the wrong way but with out LS's lighting doing a superb job the image would probably fail. but hey, who's to say?

the reason? the lighting (as mentioned looks so real, but the trexture work needs allot of attention.

it all looks very very flat and too clean. the paving needs some life to it. maybe reflections.

as you say, the glass and interior need working on.

the planted tree is too small.

the water needs more attention too and maybe put a different bottom to the pond other than the same paving.

how about some subtle furnature out there?

In all this looks allot better than allot of the WIPs already posted, but as i say, thats because of the LS rendering imho. more attention to detail and texturing will make this so much better.

Ppl will say it's not the software, but the artist doing the work. thats true to a large extent, but having the perfect software like LS does certainly help.

the STRAT HAS SPOKEN! ;)

thx a lot strat. All is true, and as u probably know it's these fine details not noticed in a photo but noticed when they're not there.

Floor tiles need much more work (although i've added imperfections, but they don't show. reflections are needed there too. Walls, water, glass...etc

Finally something to work on

thx Strat