My first post!

superjari

Hey guys, my first post here!

I've started learning AutoCAD about six months ago. While learning I discovered the amazing world of 3D. I'm very interested and want to learn much more about it. Someone who also posts here (Vizwhiz) offered to help me, THNX for that. He also told me about this website. This is what came out so far. Do you guys have any comments? I've modeled the building in AutoCAD and worked it out in VIZ.

The image

If you don't see the image, cop and paste this URL into the address bar: http://members.xoom.virgilio.it/superjari/vizwhiz/m-013.jpg

[ October 30, 2002, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: superjari ]

modelling looks good, but:

-the image is too flat ie: no shadows?

-Materials!! bricks tile, glass is too transparent

-more surroundings

Well.. just take a look at other peoples work and look outside, how light reacts, materials react, reflection react etc etc..and decide for yourself....

But keeping in mind that you only worked with A'cad for 6 months, you are on the right track

And Welcome the world of CG Architect! Not many dutch guys in here...

[ October 30, 2002, 08:23 AM: Message edited by: quizzy ]

i second Mr Quizzy.

the modelling looks pretty sound, but a few lessons are needed in basic lighting and texturing.

also, those photos of cars are degrading the image. appart from the fact 1 is floating, they should be computer generated in this scene, untill the image starts looking photo real.