Wilhome, again:}

Tony

I know you guys are probably sick of this project but I am learning a great deal with your help, so I hope you can put up with me.

I added a few details to the room and changed the camera angle and lighting a bit. I think it still needs more "nick nacks" but I haven't had the time to work on it. I didn't model the adjoining room, that's why there is a dark hallway.

Let me know if you think I'm headed in the right direction? Camera angle, lighting, poor taste :)

Thanks again.

filepush.asp?file=wilhome3_1.jpg

Hi Tony,

I don't like the project to much, but the renderings are great. A good atmosphere, but a rather bright painting.

I only spot two things for now (passing rather fast on all forum topics)

1) some strange light thing in the fireplace (some kind of reflection?)

2) the dark vertical streak in the center of the image makes a not so powerful composition

*edit:

I spotted two more really pciky details (but as you focus on so many details I think it's okay to mention)

3) the pages of the book on the table are not white/light, but the same as the table. A strange Coinidence.

4) the edge of the carpet almost smoothly continues in the chairs arm (bottom right corner). Get more depth of this by making a noticalbe distincet between the two.

rgds

nisus

One thing I've learned from the wise men on the web is that nature looks "natural" when it has some chaos. We are always surounded by chaos, and this is what makes scenes more natrual looking. This said, I would add some randomness to the books on the shelves, rotate some of them, add some gaps between the sets of the books, add something on the table or the chairs. The second thing I noticed, is the fill(?) light on the left hallway. If there's a light, I would move it a little off from the wall, so you can't notice is there. Otherwise, great rendering. Congrats.

Originally posted by nisus:

some strange light thing in the fireplace (some kind of reflection?)

Nis, this is no reflection. Its a two side fireplace. What you see there is the other side of it - the floor of the room on its other side.

Great work Tony. The books, the colors the... everything. If anything, then I think that the chair and sofas are too massive, but its a taste issue.

I'd move it to the finished work section.

Congrats.

Thanks for posting fellas. All of the suggestions are very good ones.

Nisus-

1. Two sided fireplace

2. The dark streak in the middle of the image is a darkened hallway. I didn't want to model the whole house. I could light the wall better I guess, to make it less obvious.

3. I suspect that's color bleading from the GI, the pages are white.

4. I see what you mean about the rug.

Arkitect - I agree with what your saying. This is what I'm trying to improve on the most. The natural look you described. I mainly have done product renders in the past, one item per shot type stuff. I'm modeling some accessories to add to my scenes but I haven't had much time to work on them lately. I will be improving this in the future. The light in the hall didn't come out like I had hoped, I will be changeing that.

Bigcahunack- Thanks alot. About the furniture. I'm 6'8" and about 300 pounds, the furniture looks small to me :)

I've learned a great deal from this little scene. I want to thank everyone for their suggestions and advice.

[ January 12, 2003, 12:54 AM: Message edited by: Tony ]