Onyx Materials

Aaron2004

Hello all,

I couldn't find this in the help file and I feel like I must be missing something. The textures aren't exporting with the .3DS file. What am I missing? I always get a brown trunk and yellow leaves. Even if I try to add the leaf texture manually, it doesn't work.

Mmmm...does somebody have a quick hint?

Thanks!

Aaron

[1] import the tree into max

[2] open the material editor and use the "pick material from object" tool to get the material of the tree inside the material editor (map/material browser).

[3] place the textures in the multi/sub-object material and you are done.

Olli

MMMm...Yeah, I already tried that and it's still a no go. I can't get the bitmap to map to the leaves properly. Has anybody else had this problem? I can't see any type of settings to include/exclude the uvw from the Onyx exporter.

Thanks!

Aaron

Since you didn't make a comment that you aren't using max..... I'll assume you are. In which case you should try using the max plugin for importing your trees instead of exporting a 3ds file.

Then in max you will have control over turning on all the UV maps, foliage reduction, etc.

You can still edit your trees with the standalone ap, and save out your tree parameters which you load into max using the treestorm plugin.

http://www.onyxtree.com/stormx.html

I got it to work with importing just now...It was a vray material problem:(

But all is well.

As for that plug-in....I wish I would have looked more into that before I bought the gardenLITE. The plugin is around 500 dollars!

Aaron