Masters i need your opinion!

Guest alkion

Hello to everyone i have been away for a while as im working for my uni design project and my dissertation. The latter involves a 3d regenaration of a competition entry of a British arhcitect for the Ideas Quest competition back in 1991 . the final submission should include a written essay and of course an animation of the project plus a technical journal describing the process of making it.

As i was laying out my storyboard for the video, i had the idea of adding a small video at the end along with the titles which it would be a "behind the scenes" footage describing my progrss. Do you think this would make the Tutors to have a better understanding of the proccess ie problems, modelling , animating, sollutions...thus make my presentation more complete?Please send your comments.

Thank you,

alkion

It's hard to say. What is the focus of your dissertation. Is the Ideas Quest competition entry chosen primarily as an example used to showcase 3d visualisation of architecture, or the Ideas Quest competition entry the focus of your dissertation with 3d regeneration just your choice of illustration methods.

If the former then I would say a 'making of' would be very relevant and helpful. If the latter, then I would say it would not be of much relevance at all, and some tutors may see it as a bit of a stocking filler.

Just my thoughts

hi alkion,

including a "making of" with the titles is usually intended to "take the edge off" the animation/dissertation which (hopefully for you) has built to its climax and is reaching its happy ending (that's when they break into applause), but imho do not expect anyone to watch it carefully (that's when they turn their heads around looking for the buffet)

if you think the process of making your animation is relevant to the project, include your video in it with some clever editing

good luck

alexandre