Problems with RPC

samp

I installed the demo.

I made a dir called "RPC" in my VIZ4 dir.

I added that dir in "customize - configure paths - bitmaps/photometrics"

I d/l'ed "Tina" and "Red ash tree" and placed them in de RPC dir (after unzipping them ofcoz :) )

I have them listen, I can add them to the scene, but it won't render ... :(

I get :

code:
Could not get Textures and TextureMeshes from RPC file C:\Program Files\Autodesk VIZ 4\RPC\red_ash.rpc

-- Component::getTextures: could not get images for component /Red Ash

-- Instance::getTextures: failed to get Textures / TextureMeshes

• Administrators

Hey Samp,

You need to make sure that the path you set up it to the location of the RPC files. It looks like you may have followed directions that were out of date or incorrect??

Configure a path to C:\Program Files\Autodesk VIZ 4\RPC\

Let me know if it doesn't work.

• Administrators

That's really odd Samp. I pulled this from the RPC site, but you have already done this. You may want to email their tech support guys.

When attempting to access the RPC plug-in, an error message appears. Error Message: “No Content Available to Load”Situation: When attempting to access the RPC plug-in, an error message appears. Error Message: “No Content Available to Load”

Solution: : The Plug-in requires that the RPC content files reside in a bitmap path. To do this, add a path that points to the location of the RPC files in under the “Bitmap” tab loated under the “Configure Paths” option. In Max 3.x, this option is found under the “Customize” Menu. In Viz 3.x, it is found under the “Tools” menu. In earlier releases of Max and Viz, it was found under the “File” menu.