Printing

Guest eddie57

Guest eddie57

I am trying to print a drawing but I am having trouble centering it. I have the "Center the plot" box checked and it still isn't centered. Also the borders are much bigger than I'd like. How can I reduce them? Any help is appreciated.

Eddie

PS: I am using ADT 2.

You'll need to make sure that if your using a title block, that it's correctly sized for the sheet your plotting it on. The lower left hand corner is typically "0,0" and the rest of the drawing is oriented there. If your title block is bigger than your printers allowable printing area, then it won't center. Check your printer/plotter settings and find the maximum print size and resize your title block or drawing sheet to that or a tiny bit smaller. For CD's (construction documents) our office typically leaves 1" on the left margin for stapling and handle strip. Check your page setup settings. Perhaps something is off. Hope this helps.

Guest eddie57

Thanks for the tips. I have one more question. The original drawing is at an angle. How do I get it to line up with the paper, or in other words parallel to the paper? Again, I am an occasional user of cad.

Eddie