Rotating RPC Trees

Peterhus

i too have the same prob wat peter have and one more prob is even the rpc tree shadow also goes on rotating and as the camera rotates around it we can see the shadow of its also getting reduced while its getting rotated..........

solution for this problem wil be appreciated...

cheers

nivas

The rotating effect is just a part of the rpc technology since they arent truly models. If you aren't thrilled about using 3D trees on all your trees then you could just replace the ones that the camera moves close to.

I second that, RPCs are basically a series of 16 photos taken from around the 3d object. At render time, the plugin determines which of these is closest to the camera view and orients it toward the camera. This is why the tree tends to follow you as the image rotates with the camera until it switches to the next one and so on.

Hence you get the period before rendering when the relevant images for each RPC are loaded into memory.

coool guys...i have gone throught those websites which u have specified......i have downloaded sme plants trees and shurbs also....now its time to c whether my computer can render those models in max coz those wil be lots of trees and shurbs......

ok.....anyways thanks again

cheers

nivas