how on earth is this possible in viz?

matt_vinoir

I'll attend too - standard max 3.1 fakeiosity i guess - but there won't be any spare time till the first of september... and afterwards: holiday at last! (so i'll hope returning on the 15th of september will leave me time enough to join...)

rgds

nisus

• Administrators
Originally posted by matt_vinoir:

Can you difine what we should do then jeff so that we can stick to the point as it were for what we want to both achieve and importantly for me learn!

Well I don't think I have to add much more than what has already been sugested and I will post the official rules once I annouce the challenge, but let's say two categories Daytime and Nightime. The goal will be to light the model as realistically as possible using either GI or Traditional fakiosity. Entrants will have to post at least one WIP with comments on what you have tried and/or trying, what worked did not work etc, the app you are using, rendertimes etc etc. and you must supply the original working file so that it can be made available to other to learn from.

Should people be allowed to add entourage in and around the scene or should it be exactly as it is?

Thoughts? My first reacion would not to allow much more than is already in the image that was posted by Matt, so that it will be easier to judge and evaluate lighting quality. But I'll let masses decide.

Let me know if this sounds good and if you think there should be any other additions.

yes i found that mit site. I was going to scan in the plans and sections but hey i'm a bit lazy so i hope he didn't mind. Officially of course i didn't borrow anything though right? erm.. anyway

Sounds good jeff. Like i said it would really good for people to learn from some stunning images along with the files. Hope it doesn't get into a bitch fight with all these renderers!! no nails guys ok! Hope there are a few viz 4 images though ( i'm not being selfish am i?)!! I'll try get the model done tommorow as i feel people want to get going on it!! Sod my rush job this sounds more fun anyway!

• Administrators

I didn't really take a close look at that site, but to cover myself, as I'm the one hosting the challenge and the one who would be held lible for any copyright breach etc. I do want to make sure that we have not "borrowed" anything from another site without proper permission. Have we?

no jeff. I did try to use his dwg file. but it was just a jpeg of his plan and section. and really badly drawn at that!! I've just scanned in the plans from my books on campo so it's all ours. No worries.

I've just started this morning, it shouldn't take long at all. I'll mail it over to you when its done with all the images i have of the house for you jeff.