Shower/Gym

mitchrichie

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still new to maxwell render, but I've found that the more light you allow in your scene from the physical sky setting, the faster noise will clear up from the render. The forum at maxwellrender.com has more information on getting clean renders.

I let this image render over night on a Quad Core Mac Pro... But I don't think you would need to render that long to get similiar quality.

Any ideas on how to make it better?

Its a nice and clean rendering. The composition could be more interesting, but the lighting looks fine. Maybe the curtains are a bit to transparent, and the shower glass could need some more reflections? Personally I would use real glass with 10 mm thickness and not AGS is this scene, because it would look more real.

hi Mitch,

An easy way to do it: in Material Editor choose "wizard">"hi grade glass" and use the default values.

The difference between AGS and "real glass" is that glass has a refraction value. This means that you have to give the glass a physical thickness (normally 5-15 mm) if you use real glass materials. If you don't give it a thickness, it will look like you look into a massive block of glass.

You will also achieve nice caustic effects when the sunlight passes trough glass objects, like a bottle. With AGS the bottle and the shadow will look very fake...

Kurt