ADT & VIZ objects (like windows)

Guest arivas

Guest arivas

I have an ADT3.3 model with window objects which is linked to a VIZ 4 file. Everything works great except for application of materials to the windows.

How can I get different materials for the glass and for the frame/sash? I've tried using the multi-sub object but the only slot that does anything is #8, and it just makes the whole darn window object that one color anyhow.

Any ideas? My all gray opaque windows aren't going to cut it.

Hmmm, open the "default" library in VIZ4, there you have the correct multi/sub materials for the AEC objects. And then you can change the different submaps there.

Or don't I understand you question?

[ June 12, 2002, 03:45 AM: Message edited by: samp ]

well, if you cant find an option to give the doors different material id's in ADT3.3 the only thing to do is to collapse the ADT door to an editable mesh and edit the material id's by hand. But this is a very "painfull" way, you better use the standard doors and windows from VIZ. Those ones have material id's allready....

Have you tried to export those doors as an 3ds file and then import them into VIZ?? That might be a trick too, I don't know ADT3.3 but anyways hope this helps.....

Hi Dre

Sounds like the colours in your ADT3.3 window object definition are all set to colour 8. From ADT, using the model display representation of the window, try setting the colours of the various window components objects to colours which map onto the material slots defined in your multi-sub object Viz material. Sequence as follows.

From a model display rep, select window, right click, edit window style, select Display props tab, Layer/Colour/Linetype dialogue, assign appropriate colours to the frame, sash and glass components, save the definition, update the file linking.

If the window is specific, you would define it as an override attached to the Window Style.

Hope this helps

Kerry Thompson :)

Guest arivas

Thanks Kerry! You hit it right on the nose. Everything's working great now.

[ June 19, 2002, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: Dre ]