Small Onyx TreeStorm Problem

WAcky

Hi all!

Long time reader of the forums. Some great info on here.

I just purchased the Onyx GardenSuite Superbundle for max 9.

I've been getting my teeth into it but i've hit a snag. In the tutorial regarding UV mapping leaves on any tree it says to check the uv box in the Leaf row, then select the Sub-objects button.

Thats all fine but it then says to "Set Number of s-objects red slider to 1" Here is the problem. I cant set the number. I've clicked here there and everywhere, typed in values, hit + and - but no slider or values appear for me...

I will contact Onyxtree if noone here can give me a hand but any information is much appreciated.

Cheers,

James

You can go to the onyxtree.com site and go the gallery page for some examples there.

Yes, I went there already... That's how I knew I had to BUY the software! I've been using it for about a year now. Most of the time, I don't map any leaf textures to the trees. I pick a tree that has the diamond shaped leaves. I have used them as V-Ray proxy trees with much success.

I really like the vertex-color method of coloring the leaves, but I've also tried assigning a solid dark green color to some of the trees, and a slightly lighter green to other trees, etc. This simulated a variety of species.

I've attached a small rendering.

Ah. hehe i didnt know you'd bought it.

That image looks great. Ill post an image im working on soon. The only thing is my shots are a little bit too close to get away with the standard shaped leaves. I've got a pretty nifty idea for a kind of gradient mapped tree so the leaves get more red the higher up on the tree they are. Im going to have a go at it soon so ill post my results then.

Cheers!