Trouble printing out of SketchUp.

jophus14

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to print straight from SketchUp (not exporting out) onto an 11X17 sheet of paper. All of my settings are quite standard when trying to print but the image doesn't want to fit to the paper size for some reason, even when "Fit to Paper" is selected. If I am printing an elevation the model fits to the paper size entirely, but anytime I try to print a perspective view the image wants to print at roughly 6"X10" instead of filling the entire sheet. I had this same problem the other day and when I copy and pasted the model into another file, it seemed to work fine. I have tried resaving under a different name, copy and pasting, restarting the software, etc. Anyone have an idea on whats going on here or a fix? Thanks.

• 4 months later...

It may be you have some small geometry out in space and it's trying to print that with your persp.

Why are you trying to print straight from sketch-up. I've never been happy with printing straight from sketch-up. The image always prints pixelated. I always export to 2D image then print the jpg. Exporting to a 2D image anti-aliases the model and gives nice smooth lines.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I always export at a high resolution and then print from Photoshop. This also allows you to crop the image to a more desireable proportion. Export a jpeg at 4000 pixels wide, this will get you a very high qualty image.

Same action here. But it fail to save a resolution of more than 4500 pixels wide. Any solution to save to a very high resolution? pixels I mean.

TIA.

SU will only save a raster image up to so far. You can however save as a vector format...pdf, eps. Then you can print them from acrobat or illustrator. Depending on the complexity of the model, it can take a while to save vector, but the file size is tiny!

• 2 years later...