Onyx Tree Rendering..

shikodesign2000

Hi,

I just bought the first package of "OnyxTree" wonderfull package (BroadLeaf) , it's a fantastic invention, really.

Anyhow, my question is: how to make rendering faster:confused: , I know that I have to make leaves lower, branches, and so on.. but I want specific procedures from professionals who use this generator.:(

So please, if anyone knows how to make this, please tell me, I'll be very greatfull cause I'm really haven't any time these days to read carefully with experiments the manual, but I'll very soon.:rolleyes:

I use it as well and they do take long to render. When i first create the trees or bush they do not have a lot of leaves so i then have to add more leaves and then the render process is longer. I doubt there is any way to speed it up however because light is hitting each individual leaf. I only see it getting faster by having less leaves (less real). But please if anyone knows, let us know.

Thanks

In fact the perfect solution is to study the manual very carefully, with many experiments, but this may take some time, which I haven't now.:(

Anyway, in the end of the manual of BroadLeaf package, you can find the topic: "How to make a 3d file smaller" , but if you start reading it without understanding the previous pages, you'll not get it all:confused: , so you have to start this manual from scratch.

Instead, if anyone can help, for saving time in the mean time, we'll be very greatfull..:D

If you are using vray change the materials to vray, don't use standard materials that comes along with exporting the mesh...anyway that's what i've heard.

Theres a script somewhere on the net called "VrayMtlConverter" , it helps you to change all the standard materials into same coloured vray mtls (should be helpful since sometimes tree multi-sub material consists of a dozen or so standard materials. It propably won't do any miracles but should help a bit:)

I've found it quite beneficial to not use opacity maps on your leaf materials. And if you do, go into the filtering option under your opacity map and turn it off. Filesize is just something you will have to dealwith, you can't get lush 3d foliage without the filesize.... leaves = polygons = bytes.

If you are in vray, use vrayProxies, I don't know if any other engines have a similar tool but, it is definately clutch for scenes populated with a mass amount of foliage.