Best vegetation

Dave Buckley

I have being using Speedtree for the last while and am not impressed with it.

I find the interface clunky, the limited range of options like controlling the level of detail annoying, not being able to convert to a mesh is really annoying and it has thrown up a load of problems with Vray.

Some of the tree designs are not useful at all, English Oak stands out as one of the worst.

Some of the features like the wind and forest generator are nice but not that special.

Has anyone had similar problems with other packages?

The one that is catching my attention recently is VUE6, has anyone had any experience with this?

i just purchased onyx garden suite after years of indecision.

certainly a demo would have helped make my mind up, but i purchased based on the experiences of others on this forum and i am very pleased that i did.

i'm not an expert with it yet, but very much worth the investment, in my opinion.

I've used xfrog a bit and some small interior evermotion plants. I like the realism of xfrog and the ability to pick from a large library of particularly accurate foliage - my landscape team here like to thumb though all the options to even help them design a bit.

high poly count though and if I get anywhere above 2-3 xfrog trees I always convert to vray proxies.