Brazil, V-ray, or Finalrender

Cesar R

Hi, I was wondering in your oppinion which is the best GI rendered for max. I have been working with Finalrender but recently switched to Brazil. I seem to get images with more deth in Brazil that with Finalrender. This effect makes them look more realistic. Do you guys think Brazil is superior to FR in realism ?

Also can some explain what to the min and max values of "shade rate" do, and how do they affect the image? and what is a good setting?

I can't seem to get a very sharp clean image, what must I play with?

We went Final Render mainly because Brazil is too slow. You couldnt seriously use it in production on large scenes. Where as we have had alot of success with FR on all types of scenes, however it requires a significant amount of learning with so many settings you can adjust. Where as brazil is just a few parameters.

If you sit there and experiment with the settings you will gain a greater understanding. do this on scenes that get slowly more complex, dont do it on real jobs though, try it on specific things you want to work out.

Also check our the final render forum, its great for support, just like the brazil forum is.

cheers

jacob

V ray looks quite good too, but we havent tried that.

Guest hajer

Hi Cesar

if u are using the demo version than u right

it,s verey slowwwwwww...... but if u are using

brazil the beta version than u got ur self a verey

good renderer..... personly I find v-ray and brazil and FR are great for exterior but for interior they fail very mesurabley ...LS and viz4

seem to be the onley options for interiors....

scuz my spelling...