Glass (Help)

Frank

I'm using a raytrace material for my base glass material. However when I render the image you can't see through to the inside. Even with transparency turned all the way down. I also have the 2-sided box checked. A falloff map in the glossy slot and in the reflect and the transparency slot also. And when I try and make this material with a standard material base it works. Can anyone help me with using Raytace as my base material and also make it very transparent.

Euh, don't think using raytrace as base material is very good when u're using VIZ4 radiosity solution ...

The glass I use now in VIZ4 is suggested by :

Originally posted by Wolf:

I personally prefer to use fresnel glass in architecture, as glass gets less transparent and more reflective the more you move away from 90 degrees,

and i have saved a material setting i use almost always now, and although most people cant pick wether its fresnel or not, its 1 more thing that the eye cant catch, and feel there is something wrong, and too cg'ish

i have a tut on doing fresnel water here......

http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/wolfslair/water/water3.html

its almost identical process for glass, so just get the idea from the water, and play with the settings to get glass.

when your happy with it, save the material and use it again without having to recreate it.

Hi Frank,

You might have missed the big difference between diffuse and ambient colors in standard materials and those lookalikes in raytrace materials.

Check the user guide on raytrace materials for full understanding :)

rgds

nisus