onyxtree mapping..

shikodesign2000

Hi,

I just want to ask how can I control the mapping of the leaf texture on the leaf face object of the onyx tree?? when I apply the leaf texture on the leaf object face, I found that it doesen't cover all of it, so I want to make the map bigger to cover all the face, uvw map modifier in max doesen't solve this, so how to make it??:confused:

well, I'm not too sure you and Matt are on the same page. Maybe you are and I'm out in left field, but...

If I was answering your quesiton I would say - the first thing you need is Tree Storm (the onyx plugin for Max) bring the tree defintion in through it, hit the adjust button after you've selected the tree, and activate UVW mapping for your leaves. And...provided you defined the material right than you are done - which may (probably will) contain some cropping of your texture map that Matt mentions. This is done in either Photoshop, or the material editor.

Or, if you want to do it the old fashioned way (or you don't have Tree storm which is so worth it I can't imagine you don't), 3DS Out the tree from Onyx replacing the leaves with plates (It's in the manual), and once you have it in MAX than convert the leaf object(s) to editable polys and use a UVW face mapping option. In this scenario when you define the material, you'll have to use an opacity map.

Hope that helps.