A tutorial a customer sent.

DennisB

Passing this along since someone finally did what I've been threatening to do. That is, demonstrate how using simple image elements to create limb and foliage variants for tree/3D renderers can create unique results.

tree-leaves-final[1].jpg

In this case, he uses Vue as renderer and images from my tools. I'm not that familiar with Vue, except that it has a reputation for handling foliage well. So, I was interested to see the technique applied here especially.

I guess the point is how easily this translates to any tree renderer, or 3D application. Most, of course, already come with their own textures and tools, but this basic approach allows for the same result in Max, etc using textures of your own creation.

This example applies only a sprinkling of blossoms (textures), as though the first buds of spring to these otherwise bare tree models. The rendered result is really quite effective, at least in my biased opinion :)

Dennis

http://www.gardenhose.com

It's a great technique, and very useful for trees that are not too close-up.

Very useful disks too. I only wish the layered psd files had a thumbnail embedded so that I could preview them in AcDSee...

Here's a little close-up test I did some time ago with some of your Jungle blossoms, for some very quick, distant flowers. Very few polys.