Turbo Squid?

kid

This is the bench I've made for my seaside image I'm doing at the moment. I was thinking of making some more stuff like this and maybe selling it on TurboSquid. So people who buy/sell on Turbo Squid, would stuff like this be of any use to people. I know most Arch Viz stuff is to show new buildings hence spotless, dirtless, (characterless ;) ) furniture and props are usually used, but would stuff like this still have a chance?

The material is a Mix material of a paint image and a timber image, with masks painted in photoshop, the mask images are also used as the bump image (very minimal in this image), so just by changing the hue of the paint image in photoshop you can change the colour of the bench without affecting the worn effect.

PS I'm still working on the masks to make it look more real.

bench.jpg

[ September 05, 2002, 04:15 AM: Message edited by: kid ]

1478 polygons.

Is this a decent number of polygons?

I tried to keep the poly count low while maintaining a good look, not too square and sharp looking.

[ September 05, 2002, 06:28 AM: Message edited by: kid ]

thats a very good count, anything around a thousand is low poly, but yours look high poly.

the chamfering of edges is nice , but the two armrests show facets, very difficult to do with a low count as you see it from the top, the segments are visible.I find Turbosquid a great place to sell models ,one secret is having very well rendered images or thumbs ,as this is what people buy on. unfortunately there is a lot of duplication of meshes so you will already find about ten similar benches.Another tip is actually selling pretextured models as nobody wants to spend time on texturing. This is what you are doing and it will help.

turbosquid unfortunately doesnt allow the individual to set prices any more ,this allowed for more competition in the past, and is quite a contentious issue at the moment.