A Challenge to Neoscape!

ikinman

The World Series was formalized in 1905. (The first world championship called a World Series was won by Boston in 1903 but in 1904 it was not held because the NL team, I think it was New York, whined and refused to play Boston in typical fashion.) When the rules were written in 1905 it was declared, officially, the "world championship of baseball".

It was rather presumptuous in those days for the AL and NL to declare that the series between their champions determined the world champion, since other entrepreneurs were still trying to start Major-level leagues, but it stuck, and these days any reasonable person would have to conclude that it's correct. The Japanese have gained a lot of ground but there's still no professional league on the same level as the Majors.

ok, but what if (dare i say) it becomes such a competitive sport such as Rugby and Soccer that countries start to play each other in a world cup, what would you call the winner? Masters of the Universe? :confused:

I don’t think the Martians would like that at all:D

There's already a World Cup between national teams (the US hasn't won in a long time) and a World Baseball Classic (Japan won it) but as for non-Major League club teams becoming as good as Major League teams, that's entirely an academic question.

ok, but what if (dare i say) it becomes such a competitive sport such as Rugby and Soccer that countries start to play each other in a world cup, what would you call the winner? Masters of the Universe? :confused:

I don’t think the Martians would like that at all:D

they already had something like that in 2006

http://www.tickco.com/world-baseball-classic/roster.htm

I thought this was going to be a Bobby Flay style throwdown. A render-off.

The charities are a great idea, but I would pay to see Ian and Nils throwing something down. How about some arm wrestling at DMVC? Or at the very least let's see who can still hand draw a 2 point perspective. Bonus points for 3 :)

How about some arm wrestling at DMVC? Or at the very least let's see who can still hand draw a 2 point perspective. Bonus points for 3 :)

That's funny. In my perspective drawing class at Parsons I told the students to ignore 3 pointers--in fact, I said that if they figured them out they should teach me. The first time I set up a layout to show them how it is done I casually reminded myself (silently) that I probably hadn't done a fully hand-drawn perspective in almost 20 years. But I did it. And then it was their turn.

For the last of the playoff games I got invited down to one of my towns fire houses to see the Giants win. It was quite an exercise in being American--sitting there with a bunch of volunteer firemen--drinking, yelling, cussin', someone brought their dog, the guys were making hot wings and meatballs. Everyone hoping the town could go a few hours without setting any of their kitchens on fire. I should point out that the guys who were on call were knocking back Pepsi's, not brews. It was fun--especially the win part.

I don't know if I'll have the chance to go back for the Superbowl watching, but wherever I am I plan to enjoy the win.

SWEEEEET!!!!

That was a damn fine game. My Giants totally took names on this one, and I'll bet that Brady wakes up one sore dude tomorrow morning. What was that, 4 sacks and 16 hits? That's gonna leave some marks....

The Patriots played very well, and those times that they were able to make it work it was beautiful to watch. In their honor, and in honor of their fans including those at Neoscape, Animation + Images will give $250 to the Jimmy Fund.

Both the New York City Food bank and the Jimmy Fund are pretty worthy causes. If anyone out there won a couple of bucks on a Superbowl bet, consider tossing a few bucks at either of those charities.

Congrats to both teams on one of the finest football games I've ever seen.

-Ian

ok so now what happens if some country wins The Next World Cup

(lets start an online cga pool or lottery for This0

what is The favorite charity To donate To?

should it be a charity in The winning country?

or some kind of UN official charity?

great idea lets keep it rolling

Thanks

randy

hehe, just finished watching the re-run, I avoided cga (and the internet) today just so i didn't get the score. That must have been the best nfl game i have ever seen. (well, only the last quater, hehe) why cant the rules be adjusted so every quater is like that.

cant wait for the 'movie effect' documentary on the Manning (or Mainiac) escape. that was sweet

Sorry for the non-response, I have been on vacation, when I get back to the office tomm. i will have our end of the bet taken care of, at least we didn't have any odds multiplier on it!

Oh well, there is always next year, In some ways if we had won there would be nothing to be hungry for in the future. It reminds me of when we played the Rams and were the heavy underdogs, and it felt so good to win. This year the roles were reversed.

-Nils

And congrats to the Patriots, as well, Nils. It's been a pleasure raising money for good causes together. I don't think we'll be doing this for basketball any time soon, at least until Isiah Thomas is booted out of town on a rail, but we'll see what the baseball season has in store.

And, as promised, here is the receipt for our donation to the Jimmy Fund, in honor of the New England Patriots participating in an outstanding game.

-Ian

Jimmy.jpg