Having to post on "PAY" job posting site

sstankey

Thank you for a great forum here. I appreciate all of the time and effort to have this as a resource.

Why are we forced to pay to seek/offer employment?

I would at least like the freedom to know that there are some qualified personnel to choose from before I post my position. I am looking to hire in house first and then perhaps consult via internet...but I cannot be sure that my payment on the job posting site will be worth anything?

Please inform me if there is a way to see if there are applicants seeking work in my area/software.

Thank you

Scott

Looks like you just got the free job posting you were looking for.

The main reason to have paid job postings is to avoid a cluttered forum with random job items. the other reason is for the owners of the site to make a few bucks here and there. Unlike a few other sites, I do not feel constrained about simply posting for some quick freelance help in a project. If I had a regular studio job I would use the job postings, and pay whatever it costs, which I'm sure isn't all that much. What does it cost in overhead to have an employee? A lot.

I cannot think of a way to know what people are looking for in a job if you don't post it first. Perhaps Jeff Mottle has search term data on the job board? You could ask. Otherwise, look at the software and work types that are most commonly posted about here and that should tell you who reads this board. Then decide if that's the sort of person you are looking for. If you tell us what the area/software you have in mind is, it would help.

• Administrators

Hi Scott,

We did used to offer a free job board, but like any business we need to make money to survive. Most people in our industry pay upwards of $35K a year to hire a full time employee, so the small fee we charge is negligible compared to the possible benefit. The fee we charge for the job board is also significantly less than anything you will find on say a monster.com or similar, which are usually upwards of $600/mo. They are also no where near as targeted. We have had many people tell us they have hired people from our job board, so there is no reason you could not be equally as successful. This site receives around 90,000 unique visits per month, so you are not going to find a concentration of more qualified candidates anywhere.

If you have any other questions about the job board, feel free to ask.

Cheers

Jeff

Thank you for your time to respond.

First of all Ernest...I won't lie...I did think about sneaking in the job post here, but If I really wanted to try and sneak a job post I would have posted all of the specifics. All I wanted was a response that was constructive and direct and I am appreciative that this is what I got.

The cost for job posting is minimum 149.00 usd for a month. Up from there.

I am a small arch Vis company that has been around since 1995. Our background is in Architecture. It is difficult to find good qualified people in my area that are not just stuck in the MAX world. Nothing against it, we own it too, but after trying so many different programs I finally had to stick with LW. We are not a wealthy firm and enjoy what we do...I justwanted to look for someone that can work in our studio and be a part of the everyday environment for a long term.

Jeff...thank you very much for your kind response as well. It sounds like there is a good number of people that are willing to pay for the service and this is all I was hoping for...some direction that it would not be a waste. I will try it out an the lower level to start.

What I did not realize is the way you are suggesting to use the job board. Basically what I am to understand is that instead of hiring full time employee this is where we should hire on a per job basis. I will give it a try. Thank you again for answering this thread!

I appreciate your hard work here and I wish I was a member of this community years ago.

Best,

Scott

Just wanted to ad -

I have done a lot of searching lately and thank you Ernest and Jeff for all of the time you have spent posting in this forum...I am finding it takes a good deal of time to be so involved...so thank you. I will do my best to do my part as well in the future.

Best

SS