Onyx not producing near enough leaves

Billabong

Is anyone else having problems with Onyx not producing enough leaves. I have taken the leaf density to its maximum and still it looks like its malnourished. The first render has 3 onyx tress in. the on ein the bottom corner is the Ulmus Americanas and the on the left is that Salix something or other. the Ulmus came out great, but that Salix looks naked as does the other, I also attached a simple Pine . It only gives me 3 needles at the very tip of the branch. I contacted Onynx and they thought I meant the thickness, so now I'm waiting again to hear back from them.

By the way this is on xp Pro 64 bit

• 3 months later...

That's problem no.1 for me regarding onyx.Very few leaves,even with the density at max-i hate to see those branches through the foliage-which is not real at all.I like the small leaves setting,not the big ones,not realistic enough.

I'm looking at the real trees outside my house : FULL of small leaves,i can't see one branch,and that's the way i want my trees to look.I'm doing an aerial view of a residential building and my trees are just like some wire balls from 100m above-and i NEED them onyx or something 3D as i will animate the camera towards the ground level.

I'm using acer and aesculus (broadleaf)-130k poly each,plates,PL branches,and for what?

How do the guys at icubeviz are doing those uber trees?? hundreds of them...full of leaves

You have to increase the amount of branches too. I know what you're talking about. You have to work your way down the tree adjusting each density until you get what you're looking for.

Onyx trees either rendered in 2d or proxies is the way to go.

there's a needle thickness or diameter/size setting when you get into the adjustments. makes a huge difference on the conifers, although it can be over done. i did one with a needle setting of 5mm and it looked like a nice full real tree. i think there's a post in here where i have an example.