House Exterior from scratch (WIP)

salvador

Hello everyone;

I'm working on this model of a house for my sister. As you can see, I'm in the modeling phase and testing general lighting. I'm about to enter the texturing phase and I'd appreciate some advise; what is the right treatment for bitmaps imported? correct output inside MAX or correct in PS before importing? what do you think of this lighting? Isn't it too much contrast? I don´t mean to start another long thread about LWF, but just know what you think. . .

My settings:

Vraysun - defaults

Vrayky - defaults

Vray camera - f-num:22, shutter:30; ISO:500; wh bal: daylight both cameras (these values were takne from a photograph pro website)

Material - vraymtl with vrayedgestex and diffuse RGB 92 (this is the highest possible value before overbrighting)

Thanks in advance, I know this is pretty basic, but I want to do it right; anyway if clients are so important, how much more is family? ;)

I am not an expert by any means just a beginner but i think the lighting looks good. I use pre-made materials for vray so i have never had to change anything yet. How long have you been modeling in 3DS

Hello everyone;

I'm working on this model of a house for my sister. As you can see, I'm in the modeling phase and testing general lighting. I'm about to enter the texturing phase and I'd appreciate some advise; what is the right treatment for bitmaps imported? correct output inside MAX or correct in PS before importing? what do you think of this lighting? Isn't it too much contrast? I don´t mean to start another long thread about LWF, but just know what you think. . .

My settings:

Vraysun - defaults

Vrayky - defaults

Vray camera - f-num:22, shutter:30; ISO:500; wh bal: daylight both cameras (these values were takne from a photograph pro website)

Material - vraymtl with vrayedgestex and diffuse RGB 92 (this is the highest possible value before overbrighting)

Thanks in advance, I know this is pretty basic, but I want to do it right; anyway if clients are so important, how much more is family? ;)

Hi malevy; thanks for the reply; I've been on this for about two years but not as a full time job. Actually I've made some pretty good renders, but it's always been more like "guessing" to the correct result than "knowing" how to get there; I know there are many ways to achieve a good render, but these many ways still are subject to one or two general theories; I use pre-made materials myself too in many cases, but everything, in the end is subject to the light in the scene.

Thanks again, se you around ;)