XFrog to 3ds max 2008

kbotnen

Hi.

I am trying to establish some kind of workflow with XFrog trees exported as .obj and imported into 3ds max 2008. Does anyone have a good workflow for this?

Here are the ressult of my effort so far. The overview scene is just to show the lightning setup, it's rendered with some other trees. The palm closeup shows the problem. After going over a lot of the materials and add opacity map according to alpha in bitmap manually it renders something like a palm, at first it as only white where alpha was supposed to be. But it still seems kind of odd with some self.ill going on.

Is there a better way to transfer Xfrog models to 3ds max 2008? The old plugins wont work anymore :/

-K-

hi

does your xfrog dvd comes with all the 3d models format? when i purchase mine, it came with all the available 3d models, including .max format. i only export as .obj when i edit the trees parameters in xfrog tune, as modified trees can't save as .max format.

you should have .max version of the models that comes with the dvd, that's what i did, just merge the models into my max with mapping already applied, be it ver 9 or 2008. i did not use the plugins though, as i do not need them.

hi

i only export as .obj when i edit the trees parameters in xfrog tune, as modified trees can't save as .max format.

That is the problem. But I manage to solve it. There was opacity map assigned to the bark material causing the problem. Thanks for the reply anyway :)

-K-

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...